Vanilla Sky's Umbrella

    What could be more perfect for a rainy Saturday morning than a craptacular Eurotrash cover of "Umbrella"? From country queens to pop divas, it seems like every cunt with a microphone has had a go at Rihanna's ode to friendship and wet weather. Youtube is positively flooded with covers but none match the craptastic glory of Vanilla Sky's rendition. Under normal circumstances, I can't imagine paying too much attention to this Italian boyband. Their music is pleasant enough - catchy pop punk of the McFly/Good Charlotte variety with a distinct Euro twist - but I prefer my music coming out of the mouth of an ageing has-been diva, preferably accompanied by a trashy dance beat. It takes something extra special to take me out of my comfort zone and Vanilla Sky deliver just that in the form of a jaw droppingly fabulous video clip!

    Not content to simply transform Rihanna's urban jam into a heavily accented pop rock anthem, the boys reenact the film clip - dressed as the Barbadian diva! The result is one of the funniest videos I've seen in a very long time. The opening scene is kind of disturbing but I love the drag ballet and the guy straightening his hair with a hot iron. However, I think my favourite part is the dorky guy working it in a wet nightie. Rock videos haven't been this camp since the glory days of Freddie Mercury! Vanilla Sky originally posted "Umbrella" on their Myspace but I believe it's starting to gain airplay across Europe. Rihanna must be pissed!

    Source URL: https://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/02/vanilla-sky-umbrella.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive