Nicole Scherzinger - Wet Interview

    Along with reviewing Beyoncé's "4" showcase at the Roseland Ballroom, the professional highlight of my LA trip was definitely interviewing Nicole Scherzinger. I was sent along to cover the former Pussycat Doll's appearance at the Hard Rock Cafe for Idolator. On my way there I got a text saying I might be able to talk to her. Needless to say, the prospect of speaking with the iconic diva behind "Puakenikeni" kind of threw me - so my dear friend Bruce dragged me across the road to Hooters to calm my nerves with a couple of stiff drinks. After being exposed to all that cleavage and vodka, I was ready for Nicole. She is an absolute sweetheart and apart from the awkward exchange at the beginning (I was told to go into the room and tell her which publication I was writing for but there was a bit of a misunderstanding), the interview turned out really well. If you're interested in reading my review of the show click here and if you're wondering why the chat is so short, each journalist was allotted five minutes. Good times!

    Hi Nicole, nice to meet you.
    Thank you. Where are you from?

    Idolator.
    Where?

    Idolator. It's a pop blog.
    No, which country? Your accent...

    Oh sorry. I’m Australian.
    I love Australia!

    Nice. So, we posted your "Wet" video today. It's great!
    Thank you so much!

    What was the theme or concept behind it?
    The concept behind it was... basically, we went against the lyrics of the video that were just kind of stereotypical which was being wet. It's about me and a group of friends that are just kind of in this total radical underground world. We find this warehouse. There's a pool in it and we drain the water out of it and we just have a party in this abandoned warehouse, we do graffiti and we just do whatever we want and then the cops come and break it up and then we leave but we left our mark on the place so it's cool, it's edgy, it's fun.

    There's an amazing choreography breakdown around the two and a half minute mark where you're just dancing on your own. How important is choreography these days? You've got Beyoncé taking it to the next level with "Run The World (Girls)". It seems to be important again.
    For me it's very important because I don't know a lot of artists that are doing it and doing it hard... like full throttle like Beyoncé. I've been working with Jacquel Knight he's been inspiring and pushing me even more, so the choreography that I've been doing in "Wet" for example is the hardest choreography I've ever done. Way more advanced than what I did with the Pussycat Dolls. So it's important for me in every aspect not only choreography and dance but to always be growing and challenging myself as an artist in every aspect.

    That solo is brilliant...
    Thank you I really appreciate that because I injured my neck learning it.

    What happened?
    It's not normal for a human to do a back bend and land on their shoulders gracefully and I had to do it twice. And it was a really, really hard dance to learn but I didn't give up and it came out swimming.

    "Killer Love" has been a big success in Europe. Is the tracklist going to be different in America?
    It is. It's going to have a good chunk of different songs that are catered more to my US fans. So it's going to have more urban, hip hop infused songs.

    Will "Don’t Hold My Breath" be released as a single in America?
    I think that's going to be my second single in the US. I'm really excited about it.

    I also really love "Say Yes".
    Yeah that's a really fun song. It sounds like 80s rock to me.

    [Assistant tells me time is up]

    Thanks for the chat.
    Thank you. Have fun in America.

    Source URL: https://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/09/nicole-scherzinger-wet-interview.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive