The End Of An Era

    The pop world has lost one of its brightest stars with the passing of Hannelore Jacob, best known to fans of trash culture as the youngest of the legendary poodle loving Jacob Sisters. I'm devastated by the news and I'd like to pass on my condolences to all of Hannelore's friends, fans and family. The Jacob Sisters are (I still can't bring myself to use the past tense) my favourite "girlband". Their stunning glamour is undeniable and their fabulous 50 year career has covered every musical genre in the book. Which other group of ravishing 70 year olds could possibly cover Kylie's "Your Disco Needs You" with the same passion and brilliant mastery of the English language?

    I have my fingers crossed that Johanna, Rosi and Eva will continue to inspire fans around the globe with their wonderful music after they have mourned the loss of their sister. The group wont be the same as a threesome but I think Hannelore would want them to carry on doing what they do best. I just hope someone is looking after Hanni's poodles. Take a moment to grieve for Hannelore by watching the Jacob Sisters perform their smash hit "The Hampster Dance". The humourless trolls in Girls Aloud and Sugababes wish they had an ounce of this breathtaking talent! Hannelore, you will be sorely missed.


    Rest In Peace
    Source URL: https://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/05/end-of-era.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive