Aleesha Rome - Search My Heaven

    This post is dedicated to the lovely Zac for kindly reminding me of Aleesha Rome and her brief but wonderful reign as one of Australia's leading pop divas. To my knowledge, "Search My Heaven" was Aleesha's one and only hit, making the top 20 in 1999. She released a couple of further singles but they all flopped spectacularly and Aleesha sadly disappeared after the release her debut album. Ms Rome's career may have been short but the brilliance of "Search My Heaven" ensures that her fabulous legacy will endure.

    After being reminded of Aleesha, I rummaged through my CDs and discovered Aleesha's album as well as several singles. I will get to those another time because I want to devote this post exclusively to "Search My Heaven". I have been playing Aleesha's anthem on repeat since digging it out and I really can't believe that I neglected it for so long. It goes to show how much better the standard of pop music was in the late 90s. Back then, "Search My Heaven" was just one of a number of fierce pop anthems and somehow got lost in the mix. By today's standards, however, "Search My Heaven" sparkles like the Hope Diamond! Aleesha has produced four minutes of flawless pop, which is overwhelmingly European in sound. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's actually a cover version.

    Aleesha sadly remains one of the many fabulous Australian divas to disappear without being given a proper chance to shine. The woman definitely had potential, one listen to "Search My Heaven" will get you hooked. I've spent the past few days walking around humming "you came along, as quiet as a church mouse and bright as a lighthouse". Now that shit's deep! The last I heard, Aleesha was playing with an indie band in London. I really hope she hasn't turned to dark side!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/07/aleesha-rome-search-my-heaven.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive