Victoria's Scrapped Single

    I love Victoria Beckham as a celebrity. Her "reality" TV show was pure bliss and I get a warm feeling inside every time I see her emaciated figure pinned into an unflattering designer gown on the red carpet. As a pop star, however, Skeletoria was as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. Sticky Vicky's debut album showcased her lack of vocal talent to a terrifying extent, while her subsequent urban makeover still draws snickers of laughter. Despite her musical shortcomings, the recent leak of a new VB song still managed to trigger a ripple of excitement through the Spice Girls' amazingly loyal fanbase.

    I'm no authority on Victoria's career, so I asked internationally renowned Spice expert Magical Froggy to provide some details on the story behind the Cathy Dennis penned track, "My Love Is For Real". Here's what he had to say:

    "The single was supposed to be released in the summer of 2004 (after the Xmas success of Let Your Head Go/This Groove), but that was when the Rebecca Loos thing happened. Victoria was put under a lot of pressure by the media saying the affair was her fault as she was away all the time working on her failing music career. She then quit her music for the sake of her marriage. The most infuriating thing in my eyes! It's not Victoria's fault if David can't keep his dick under control!"

    It's a shame that Victoria decided to pull the plug on her career after finally recording a decent song. "My Love Is For Real" is a lovely mid-tempo electro number that becomes more enjoyable with each listen. An album of this kind of material would have been most welcome but I guess it wasn't to be.

    Thanks to everyone who sent me "My Love Is For Real". Magical Froggy deserves a special mention for his insight into Victoria's career and the fabulous mock cover. And no, I'm not sure what the fish is all about either!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/09/victoria-scrapped-single.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive