CC Martini - Blogs, Jizz and America

    A lot has happened in the six months since I interviewed underground pop icon CC Martini. Australia's hottest fire crotch packed her bags and flew to America late last year in order to work on the follow-up to her completely fucking amazing debut "All The Way". CC even started a blog to document her journey and you can catch up on all her adventures here. As you can tell from her most recent post, CC is now on her way back home to tie up some loose ends - either that or they found her stash and she's been deported! I had a quick cyber chat with CC before she left and the Queen of Pip Pop kindly spilled the beans on America, the new album and her most recent "moisturiser dispenser". It was great to catch up and I can't wait to watch "The Plan" unfold. Enjoy!

    Hey CC, how are things going for you in America? Has it been mostly business or pleasure?
    Well you know me, Mike. I like to mix the pleasure and the business together, wink wink. I have had SO much fun here. I've met some really, really rad people and I have been all over. I've been away for 3 months. I have spent quite a bit of time in LA, 10 days in New York, 2 weeks in Portland, and the rest of the time in San Francisco and Oakland, with a trip to Las Vegas and Austin, Texas over the New Year. It has been an awesome, life changing, eye-opening experience. I have had SO MUCH FUN. I don't want it to ever end.

    Have you worked on any new material? If so, who with?
    Yes. I bought my first Mac Book in New York and I've been making demos in Garage Band, brainstorming new material for my sessions. I did a couple of new tracks with a producer - Andy Baldwin (an Australian friend of mine who now lives in New York, who did some work on "All The Way"). And I've also been working with Stephen Bradley (of No Doubt) and Dave Tweedie from Oakland. My favourite new song that we did is called "Dress Me Up". It's fucking cool, cute and popalicious! Kent (Morris) is also working on some new stuff which is gonna be totally rad, our fave new song is called "Glitz Glam".


    When can we expect to hear this amazing new stuff?
    I know! soooooon. I will leak my stuff to you internet peeps well before it's gonna come out officially to push the system and make it keep up! This industry moves soooo sloooowly and it's frustrating but I am tryna crack the whip and make 'em catch up!

    Your fans are worried about your complexion. Last time you confided that you didn't have a man's potion to use as lotion. Have you bagged yourself an American hottie to remedy the situation?
    Well usually I kiss and tell, as you know, but I think Imma keep this one to myself for now, you'll hear about my new adventures in the songs on the new album. I will say though, I have had some great times with my latest moisturiser dispenser, which have included riding on the back of a Harley Davidson across the Golden Gate Bridge and around the Napa Valley. San Francisco is so beautiful. I looked like a big nerd though because my hire leather jacket was way too big, I wasn't impressed that they didn't have mini sizes. Apart from my jacket it was a really cool day.

    According to your blog, you've been hanging out in Portland. Is it as boring as it looks? (Apologies to any locals!)
    Portland was my "quiet time" get down into nature, cut down a Christmas tree and take pictures of your friend's dogs in dress ups after you've had 5 tequila shots because it's too fucking freezing to go outside and you have to make your own fun time. I drank a lot of alcohol in Portland. They had a freaky winter blizzard that nearly had me stuck there! They got more snow than ever on record. People were snowboarding in the streets! Portland actually has quite a happening music scene actually. I fell in love with this girl from a band called
    Y La Bamba. They were amazing on stage, absolutely captivating. It was like a musical orgasm when they played, look them up on myspace, they're great!

    I noticed you've signed up to perform at the D&D ball in Melbourne. Does that mean you're coming home?
    Yes it's true, I'm coming home... I'm coming back just to sort some shit out and fucking rock the socks off what is left of the summer and then head back to America to finish off the next album and continue with 'The Plan'. Thanks for your support Mike and all you pop trash addicts. Make sure you become
    Myspace friends or fans on Facebook. Love yas!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/01/cc-martini-blogs-jizz-and-america.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive