Agnes' Australian Makeover

    It's time for me to eat some humble pie and admit that I was wrong about "Release Me". I still think that the average piece driftwood has more charisma than Agnes Carlsson and remain completely unconvinced about the quality of "Dance Love Pop" but her international breakthrough has grown on me to a ridiculous extent. There's just something utterly irresistible about those disco strings and that anthemic chorus. Imagine how amazing the song would sound if the writers had given it to an actual human being instead of a soulless Swedish robot! But I digress. Since being released in early July "Release Me" has doggedly hung around the lower reaches of the Australian top 100 (currently sitting at #64) but failed to make much of an impact. However, the song is finally starting to gather some upward momentum as a result of increased radio airplay, the onset of summer and a sizzling batch of freshly commissioned local remixes. Which is the whole point of this post. I'm wondering what you all think of the new Australian radio edit courtesy of Todd Watson:


    Todd Watson Radio Edit

    As far as I'm concerned the Moto Blanco Mix is still hard to beat for a hit of pure pop goodness but I really like this. Todd does the impossible and gives Agnes a bit of an edge. His version is dark and brooding yet still true to the original. I just think it might be a bit too much for Australian radio. To hear the other local remixes check out Neon's youtube channel. Speaking of new and improved Agnes tracks, Scandipop recently revealed that a new mix of "I Need You Now" will be Scandinavian diva's second single in the UK. I love what they've done with the song and hope the entire album is given a similiar overhaul. Oh and if Swedish pop floats your boat and you live in London, make sure you head along to Scandipop Live on the 29th of September to check out BWO. I'd go along just to throw things at Alexander Bard!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/09/agnes-australian-makeover.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive