The Deni's Latest Single!

    The Deni unleashed the third single from her phenomenal "Water For Chocolate" album this week. I'm yet to hear it on radio and I had to specifically order my copy, so I'm guessing "5 Days Of Rain" will suffer the same floptastic fate as the previous singles. Deni is about to embark on a long stretch of small gigs, which I hope will wake Australia up to the best homegrown urban album in years. To say that "Water For Chocolate" has been criminally ignored is something of an understatement.

    If, like the rest of Australia, you are yet to explore Deni's new material, then this single is a great place to start. "5 Days Of Rain" is a hot little package, containing the radio and album versions of the title track, as well as fierce remixes of all Deni's recent singles, including her duet Marcia. It's a veritable mini greatest hits package! The highlight for me is the previously unavailable remix of "Son Of A Preacher Man", which is fucking fabulous. If Deni had promoted this version, I'm sure she would have actually scored herself a hit!

    "5 Days Of Rain" is not my favourite tracks from the album but it is still an exceedingly good song. If Deni has the chance to release a 4th single, I'd love to see her choose "New Day", "Cut It Up" or "That's You". Any one of those would surely inject some life into Deni's career. Fingers crossed that "5 Days Of Rain" gains Deni's album some much deserved attention.

    You can order "5 Days Of Rain" from Chaos or Sanity. Check out Deni's stylish Myspace for upcoming tour dates.Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/03/deni-latest-single.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive