Stop In The Name Of Love - German Style!

    I recently posted a selection of wonderfully tragic Motown cover versions by the likes of La Toya Jackson, Sinitta and Nicki French. I thought I had well and truly scraped the bottom of the musical barrel, that is until I stumbled across the Jacob Sisters' fabulously awful German rendition of "Stop! In The Name of Love" from 1965 on the truly sublime Germans Under Cover. The German version, "Was Hab' Ich Dir Getan?" - literally, "What Have I Done To You?" - is bizarrely translated and poorly produced, but still rather wonderful to my ears!

    Nevertheless, the Jacob Sisters' version would probably have remained nothing more than a sweet curiosity if I hadn't decided to research the "girls" further and discovered that they are still performing today and have even continued with their ultra-camp gimmick of taking to the stage with four pampered toy poodles in tow. Have I also mentioned that they have been known to dress up as giant hampsters?! The Jacob sisters may be demented and slightly senile but they are clearly all kinds of fabulous! I promise to make a post dedicated to the Jacob Sisters' recent output in the near future.
    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/03/stop-in-name-of-love-german-style.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive