Cheer Up - It's Kylie's Magic Roundabout!

    There is something almost impossibly cheerful about Kylie's early material. Songs like "Turn It Into Love", "I Wouldn't Change A Thing" and the unbridled musical masterpiece that is "One Boy Girl" saw me through many a bad day as I was growing up. Kylie's music still has the ability to drag me out of the foulest mood but these days I'm more likely to give "The Magic Roundabout" a spin rather than one of her early classics. As the days get shorter and the weather gets colder, I thought it would be timely to honour a song that exudes a manic sense of happiness with every fabulous beat.

    It is well known that Dannii's older sister provided the voice of Florence for the animated film "The Magic Roundabout" in 2005. "The Magic Roundabout" was later released in the US as "Doogal" and duly flopped. The film is something of a trainwreck and it currently holds the honour of being voted the 53rd worst film of all time according to IMDb's Bottom 100! Personally, I rather enjoyed "The Magic Roundabout" and I immediately fell in love with Kylie's theme song.

    "The Magic Roundabout" is a joyous pop gem from the first beat to the last. Kylie is so endearing when she is unencumbered by the desperate need to be taken seriously. "The Magic Roundabout" is a gloriously stupid piece of pop fluff and Kylie sounds all the better for it. I had hoped that the song might be released as a single but it never happened. I actually get the feeling that most fans find the song a bit embarrassing. It's their loss. As far as I'm concerned, "The Magic Roundabout" is musical Prozac. Kylie needs to make bad animated movies more often!

    You can purchase the "Doogal" soundtrack from iTunes or Amazon.Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/04/cheer-up-it-kylie-magic-roundabout.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive