Kylie's Demos - Cutting Edge Publicity?

    I was more than a little surprised to open my Sunday newspaper and find this article - on the front page no less! Kylie could fart and it would be news in Australia but surely the recent leak of five new demos is not THAT earth shattering. The whole thing is obviously a flimsy excuse to put a sexy photo of Kylie on the cover (which is fine by me!) but the conspiracy theory about Kylie intentionally leaking the tracks to generate some positive publicity is just taking the piss. You know you're reading some quality journalism when the main sources are Pop Justice and a Kylie impersonator! I guess it must be true if, the admittedly rather fabulous, Lucy Holmes says so!

    Personally, I think the whole thing is dubious. Kylie tracks have been flooding out of Parlophone for years and it hasn't exactly helped in the past. I'm sure the record company weren't particularly impressed that fans were enjoying "I Believe In You" and "Giving You Up" months before the release of "Ultimate Kylie". I should say fans and other curious parties, which leads me to my next point. If the leaked demos do, in fact, comprise half of Kylie's upcoming album, it wont stop Kylie's hardcore fans from buying a physical copy but the casual listener will be more than happy to play the leaked MP3s on their Ipod and save the $20 they would otherwise spend on the real thing.

    I think there are two possible explanations: 1) general incompetence or 2) the possibility that the leaked tracks were never intended for the finished product. If that is the case, the album is going to be the best Minogue recording since "Neon Nights" because I'm still absolutely blown away by the brilliance of "Stars", "In My Arms" and "Lose Control". Kylie can bin the other two songs or be a sweetheart and give them to Rebekah K! I can only imagine next week's headline: "Kylie Changes Tampon".

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/06/kylie-demos-cutting-edge-publicity.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive