The Veronicas Strike Back

    After my last post, I thought I should cover something a little less controversial this time around! So I've gone with a short post about Brisbane's famous Origliasso twins, also known as The Veronicas. It's rare enough for a successful band to change its sound between albums but The Veronicas have gone one step further, shedding the generic pop/rock trappings of their debut to reemerge as a slick electro-pop duo. The transformation has completely revived my interest in the girls. I loved their debut single but the rest of "The Secret Life Of The Veronicas" played like a Kelly Clarkson mixtape.

    It took me a while to warm up to the new and improved Veronicas, but "Hook Me Up" turned out to be one of the year's best pop tunes. Amazingly, its follow up is better yet. From the opening strings, "Untouched" holds your attention in a vice like grip for the entire 3:40 minute running time. The expert mix of beats and guitars provides the perfect background from the girls' pitch perfect harmonies and suitably pouty spoken verses. However, it is the pleading chorus that really shines. One listen and you're hooked! "Untouched" debuted at #4 on the Australian singles chart tonight and I hope it can follow "Hook Me Up" to #1 in the coming weeks. You can order the "Untouched" CD single from Chaos or download it from iTunes. Check out the video clip below.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/12/veronicas-strike-back.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive