Kylie & Christophe Get Sensitized

    I'm a bottle of Sweet Darling away from being a fully paid up member of Al Kylieda. The pint sized diva could queef her way through the Delta Goodrem songbook and I'd still probably give it a positive write up. That gives you some indication of how much I hated "Sensitized" to only give it 1/10 when I reviewed "X" way back in November 2007. In fact, I believe I even coined the phrase "Senshitized"! Everything about the track just rubs me the wrong way. To my ears it's a shoddy rehash of the vastly superior "Cowboy Style" with an incredibly fucking annoying sample plastered over the top. If the song was written by anyone other than Cathy Dennis, I'm sure it would be currently gathering dust on the studio shelf next to "Sexual Gold" and "Acid Min".

    Needless to say, I was less than excited when I heard "Sensitized" was being revived as a duet for Christophe Willem's "Caféine" album. After ignoring it for the past month, I finally decided to give the track a spin reasoning that it couldn't be any worse than Kylie's recent duet with Coldplay. Well, it's amazing how much difference a camp French pop star and significantly less irritating production can make! The grating "Bonnie & Clyde" sample has been toned down and some of the verses are now sung en français. Instead of sounding forced and desperate, the new version exudes a playful sensuality that I find very appealing. "Sensitized" will never be my favourite Kylie moment but this is a massive improvement!

    Listen to Kylie & Christophe HERE

    "Sensitized" isn't the only Kylie connection on Christophe's album - Guy Chambers and Steve Anderson both contribute tracks. Unfortunately, there are no plans to release the song or the album outside the French speaking world, so I guess we'll all just have to import it. I ordered my copy from Amazon.Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/06/kylie-christophe-get-sensitized.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive