Courtney Act Is Back

    Six long years after revolutionising pop music as we know it with the Oxford Street classic "Rub Me Wrong", Australian Idol's most fabulous graduate has finally released a second single! Courtney Act's latest musical triumph was unveiled while I was away but it deserves a belated post. The former Pop Panellist is a great friend of this blog and I'm ecstatic that she's returned to her pop roots after several years ruling the strip as Sydney's hottest drag queen. Admittedly, "Welcome To Disgraceland" is a tie-in to publicise the nightclub in which Ms Act holds court but I genuinely love this four minute trashfest. Let's face it, anything that name checks Lady Gaga, Oprah and Kate Moss was always going to push my buttons! I'm yet to venture out to Disgraceland since getting back but I hope Courtney's anthem is being blasted twice an hour. The video is predictably fabulous. It looks more expensive and professional than 90% of the locally produced film clips released this year and I can pick out half a dozen people I know, which is always amusing. The classy homage to Kylie's "Spinning Around" at the beginning is my highlight! Help keep Courtney in wigs by downloading the track from iTunes now.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/07/courtney-act-is-back.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive