I'm Back!

    Some of the goodies I bagged overseas

    Just thought I'd write a quick post to let you know that I'm back from my lightning quick tour of European nightclubs and CD stores. I'll start updating the blog tomorrow but wanted to share this (slightly disturbing) pic of my beautiful souvenirs. I somehow managed to bring back 150+ CDs despite being completely broke and only taking one suitcase. Someone please stage an intervention! My favourites include finally finding a physical copy of Luciana's seminal smash "I Like That" in Germany, unearthing Nelly Furtado's "Lo Bueno Siempre Tiene Un Final" in a Spanish second hand CD store, stocking up on stunning Eurotrash like Inna, Cascada and Edward Maya (don't judge me), discovering that Nikka Costa still has a career and a hit single in Germany, gazing upon the glorious cover of Jennifer Rush's comeback CD, updating my Shakira, Ke$ha and Alicia Keys collections and singlehandedly funding Kylie's next facelift by buying various editions of "All The Lovers" and "Aphrodite" in every country I visited.

    Kylie at GAY

    Speaking of Kylie, I was lucky enough to catch her showcase at GAY. She lost her voice but that didn't stop her performing a selection of songs from "Aphrodite" and a bunch of old favourites. She sounded rougher than Whitney Houston without her backing vocalists but I don't think anyone gave a shit. The reaction to "Get Outta My Way" was phenomenal and hearing "Cupid Boy" live fulfilled one of my goals for 2010. That song has to be a single. She dusted off the usual suspects like "Head" and "Love At First Sight" but the real showstopper was "All The Lovers". While not quite as fabulous as my friend Tony's drunk rendition of "Los Amores" on the streets of Madrid, it sounded amazing and was beautifully staged - putting her recent performance on 'Hey Hey, It's Saturday' to shame. I loved seeing Kylie in such a tiny venue. I think she should keep it real and do a similar show in Sydney at the Shift with Courtney Act and Maxi Shield as her backing dancers. Her gay credibility would sky rocket! Anyway, back to normal tomorrow. Thanks for all the emails and texts.


    My precious - a physical copy of "I Like That"!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-back.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive