Kylie - Get Outta My Way & Third Single

    A delicious fan made cover

    After all these years I still get excited when Kylie releases a new single. I still have to buy it in every format and track down all the remixes. No wonder I'm broke! And I'm particularly excited about this one. "Get Outta My Way" (along with Jennifer Rush's modern classic "Echoes Love") was the soundtrack to my recent recent European trip and the song brings back a tidal wave of happy memories. It's a bit of shame then that the song is DOA in Australia. The stunning anthem peaked at a ridiculous #69 on iTunes and just scraped into the radio airplay chart at #42. What the fuck? It's somewhat of a (happy) surprise then that we are getting a physical single. Released on the 8th of October, the 6 track CD will have the following tracklist:

    1. Get Outta My Way
    2. Bimbo Jones Club Edit
    3. Sidney Samson Remix
    4. Paul Harris Vocal Remix
    5. Mat Zo Remix
    6. Video


    Fabulous! I actually think they should have gone with a CD1 and CD2. No one else is doing it and the Kylie faithful (ie. the only people who are going to buy it anyway) would lap that shit up. Why not double sales? And who cares if it's chart ineligible? The song is already a flop - you might as well try something different and generate a bit of goodwill in the process. At least we have the UK, where "Get Outta My Way" is being released on 3 different formats and is currently sitting pretty at #8 in the mid-weeks. It might fall out of the top ten by Sunday but it doesn't really matter given the healthy album sales.

    Aphrodite - the game!

    Almost as exciting as Australia's unexpected physical single is the unveiling of Kylie's Aphrodite computer game. I am seriously obsessed with this trash. You basically have to rescue Kylie over 10 very simple levels but the tacky Nintendo circa 1996 graphics and camp voiceover make it absolutely addictive. They need to release this as an iPhone app immediately! Last but not least is the slightly disturbing confirmation that "Better Than Today" will now be the album's third single instead of the previously rumoured "Put Your Hands Up". I'll save that rant for another day because I'm praying the information is wrong. Interestingly, at least one remix of "Cupid Boy" (that I know of) has been commissioned - so hopefully it will get a showing as a later single or, at the very least, be pushed to clubs. In the meantime, let's just enjoy "Get Outta My Way". It might not be the superstar's biggest hit but I think it's one of her best. Check out this lovely behind the scenes doco from the making of the video (below). I had no idea it was a homage to Paris Is Burning!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/09/kylie-get-outta-my-way-third-single.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive