Auburn - All About Him

    Auburn has been on my radar since 2007 when she released an independent album called "Same Giirl". Her PR team at the time contacted me but I thought her music was a bit too credible for the five tragic queens that read this blog. Cut to 2010 and the charismatic singer has been snapped up by JR Rotem's Beluga Heights label. Her debut single "La La La" was a fabulous attempt to jump on Jason Derulo's urban dance bandwagon and amusingly sampled ATC's "Around The World". It eventually peaked at a very respectable #51 on Billboard's Hot 100 - an achievement that Amerie, Ciara and Tea Tea would kill for - but didn't receive the amount of attention it deserved. I hope her second single gets a better reception because it's a killer track. "All About Him" is one of those songs that gets stuck in your head from the very first listen thanks to cute lyrics about meeting guys at Starbucks and more hooks than a hardware store. I particularly love how Auburn channels the Road Runner in the chorus! The production is interesting too. JR has moved away from the heavily produced beats of "La La La" in favour of a more organic, retro vibe. I think this sound suits the diva a lot better. Fingers crossed "All About Him" takes off on radio because this is a very late contender for my best singles of 2010 countdown. I love it and can't wait for the video. Auburn is definitely a name to watch in 2011!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/12/auburn-all-about-him.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive