It's My Fucking Birthday

    I'm starting to think of birthdays as some kind of mystical litmus test for how well your life is going. If everything is rosy, you're happy. However, if things aren't going to plan, birthdays are about as enjoyable as root canal surgery without the happy gas. Unfortunately, my day fell into the latter category. I woke up in an absolutely demonic mood and spent most of the day being horrible to all of those I hold near and dear!

    I belong in the bad friend Hall Of Shame. I berated a friend for "waking me up in the middle of the night" when she called at 9am to wish me a happy birthday. I accused another friend of making my ears bleed when he rather sweetly broke into a rendition of "Happy Birthday". I broke a lunch date, decided to disown anyone who had not phoned me by midday and cancelled dinner plans with my family by sending a group SMS along the lines of "I'd rather choke on my own vomit than be in the same room as you"! It was like an out of body experience; I went to sleep as a relatively normal human being and woke up as Linda Blair in "The Exorcist". And then, I snapped out of it and spent the afternoon calling up everyone to apologise. Thankfully, most of my friends were more amused than offended and my mum assumed I was joking. The rest of the day was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to partying tomorrow night. I have no idea what came over me!

    I've just realised that this post is pretty pointless apart from advertising the fact that I occasionally behave like a crazy person. I might use this post to deal with a couple of bits and pieces that I have been wanting to share. Firstly, there are a couple of hot new Blogs that I highly recommend.

    Fabulous New Blogs:

    Jamie's Movie Trip

    This Blog is a trash lover's wet dream. Jamie has dedicated his Blog to my favourite movie genre: B-grade trash! It should be illegal to feature this much Morgan Fairchild! I've known Jamie for several years and I can testify to his expert knowledge of all that is craptastic. Jamie is one of the co-founders of the Church of La Toya and will be instantly familiar to anyone who has ever posted at "Say Hey". I just can't work out how Jamie finds the time to make so many wonderful posts and keep his title as England's number 1 dogging enthusiast. I guess he takes his laptop with him!

    PopMusicWorldWide

    I only came across this stunning new Blog today. It's new but already has the makings of something special. Dina Carroll, Sertab, Monica Naranjo and Anna Vissi - yes please! This is definitely one to watch!

    The Best Blog of January 07

    I also need to give some well deserved praise to the Blog that has made my summer. You all know Deirdre Halliwell as the world's premier tranny pop diva and the blind man's sex symbol, but her amazing Pop Blog is less well known. Anyone who likes the content of "Pop Trash Addicts" will love:

    Cheesy Pop Music

    I breathed a sigh of relief when Deirdre Halliwell finally pulled her fist out of her gaping hole and updated "Cheesy Pop Music". In fact, I have a suspicion that Eddy strapped Deirdre in front of the computer and made her work for the entire first week of January. The quality of the music is unbelievable - rare Sinitta, Liza, Kelly Marie, Samantha Fox, Hazell Dean, Marcia Hines, Marlene Dietrich, Rebbie Jackson and Tiffany! Deirdre has not only posted the most fabulous collection of artists in Blog history but has included her first new single of the year, an amazing cover of Nelly Furtado's "Maneater" called "(I've Gotta) Mangina!". I'm truly in awe!

    Tidbits

    Watch an amazing tribute to La Toya's antics on "Armed & Famous" here. The soundtrack is La Toya's brilliant "No More Drama".

    Watch the entire second episode of "Armed & Famous"! The scene where La Toya goes to the local corner store in a red velour tracksuit and asks for caviar and champagne is possibly the most fabulous thing I've ever seen. That is, until La Toya gets therapy for her cat phobia. I'm hooked!

    How amazing is Kylie's "White Diamond"? I just can't get it out of my head!

    The promos for Dannii's reality show, "Australia's Got Talent" have started to air. Basically, all of the contestants are trannies and tragic homosexuals if this preview is any indication. I'm not saying anything!

    Enjoy Dannii's first brush with reality TV on "Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune" here!

    Watch Gina Riley (Kim from "Kath & Kim") take the piss out of Dannii with her interpretation of "Love & Kisses", called All You Need Is A Famous Sister. Sorry Dannii, but it's still fucking hilarious!

    Finally, a big thanks to Neil for sending me so many wonderful goodies!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/01/it-my-fucking-birthday.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive