The Deni Is My Neighbour!

    I am living in relatively close proximity to greatness! I have been completely flustered since reading yesterday's local newspaper. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across an article about Deni Hines tucked away between riveting exposes on council elections and school fundraisers. Picture my jaw dropping to the floor after reading the first five words - "Manly Vale singer Deni Hines"! All this time I have been living less than 15 minutes away from a national treasure and was completely oblivious! I'm terrified that I've walked past Deni without falling at her feet and declaring "Frenzy" the best song ever! Maybe I'll get the chance tomorrow night. As the article explains, Deni is performing a show for the bargain price of $20. I can't wait!

    The article is pretty revealing. I think it's very brave of Deni to pour her earnings from "Dusty" into her own label. I guess that explains why there have been so many singles lifted from the album without a solitary hit. Good for her! I crowned "Water For Chocolate" my favourite album of 2006 and I stand by it. The album is a stunning achievement and deserves to be heard by everyone. I just hope it doesn't result in Deni becoming homeless in the not too distant future. If Marcia won't take her in, there's always room in my flat for the odd trashtastic diva! My favourite part of the interview is Deni stating that she's massive in Japan and could fill the Tokyo Dome. I'm not quite sure about that but I thought I would provide some evidence of Deni's Japanese stardom in the form of her Japan only single "Dream Your Dream", which is now quite rare. The song itself is a sweet and gentle anthem about doing your best and all of that uplifting crap. It's lovely!

    Remember to purchase your copy of "Water For Chocolate" from Sanity, Chaos or iTunes. See you all at The Deni's concert extravaganza!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/05/deni-is-my-neighbour.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive