The Chief's Fisting Anthem

    I guess I should be ashamed of liking Paul "The Chief" Harragon's craptastic cover of Spandau Ballet's "Gold" but I'm not. This kind of fabulous rubbish only comes along once every couple of years, so I'm savouring each glorious second of it. The song is pretty abysmal but it's better than I expected from an ex-footballer/host of Channel 9's Footy Show. The standard version is so bad it's good but I seriously love the fagtastic dance mixes on the CD single! Mike Felks, who recently remixed some tracks for Slinkee Minx, has transformed The Chief into a Hi-NRG dancefloor diva! The addition of the lyric "if you've got a hand and a fist, you're indestructible" ups the gay factor to an unprecedented level. The bizarre lyrics apparently relate to Paul's trademark hand gesture but all those fist references mean something else entirely in this part of town. Sit back and enjoy the year's first fisting anthem!

    You can purchase this future darkroom classic from Chaos, Sanity and iTunes. Make sure to check out the glamorous video clip. Nothing gets me going like a butch footballer wearing mascara!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/08/chief-fisting-anthem.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive