Melinda's Single Cover & Other Tid Bits

    With any luck you are looking at the freshly designed single cover of Australia's next breakout pop diva. Melinda Jackson's record company was kind enough to send me a preview and I think it looks fantastic! The cover suits the song's fun, 80s sound and Melinda looks gorgeous. Make sure to check out the Moustache Remix of "Magic" posted below and the radically different radio version on Melinda's Myspace. There's still no word on the official release date but I will keep you posted.

    Now for some housekeeping. I've finally updated my list of links - if I forgot anyone, please let me know! It's been a busy couple of weeks in Blogland. I need to give Robpop a big shout out for his spectacular Robyn interview. I have my fingers (and other bits) crossed that "With Every Heartbeat" tops the UK chart this week. Rob's endless promotion and enthusiasm have played an integral role in the song's UK success. Take a bow, sweetheart!

    In other news, ex-Young Diva and Pop Trash favourite, Ricki-Lee, has debuted at #2 on the Australian Singles Chart this evening with her brilliant anthem, "Can't Touch It". What an amazing achievement for Ricki-Lee and her record company! Check out the fabulous video and make sure to buy the single. Ricki-Lee's album, "Brand New Day", is released tomorrow. The buzz surrounding the album suggests that it will be truly spectacular. Purchase your copy here.

    Furthermore, can someone please explain how Beyonce has managed to release so many good singles from such a shit album? The original version of "B Day" is one of the crappiest things I've heard in years but each single has been transformed into a winner by the Freemasons. I'm positively salivating over the remixed version of "Green Light" and it truly pains me to say nice things about Beyonce! The video itself is something of a trash masterpiece. The Robert Palmer references appeal to 80s child in me and Beyonce's stunning array of stripper outfits would make a Vegas whore blush! Watch the clip here.

    I know that I haven't updated Dannii's Dirty Box lately but the highly disputed queen of pop is never far from my heart and mind. According to an English newspaper, Dannii is currently without a recording contract in the UK. The great one has been dumped by every record label in the UK over the years and always manages to fall on her well-heeled feet. I'm sure Holidannii will once again take the music world by storm after her stint on the X Factor is done! My friend Tommie posted a clip on Togerland yesterday and it reinforces everything I love about Dannii. Watch in awe as Australia's brightest star sings her fabulous hits to a crowd of beer swilling, disinterested tourists in Ibiza. Dannii Minogue = LOVE!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/08/melinda-single-cover-other-tid-bits.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive