All I See Is Red

    You're looking at the cover of "All I See", to be released digitally on the 11th of March as the first American single from "X". Overlooking the lazy artwork (that picture has already been used twice!), it's a relief to finally have some concrete details. "All I See" is my favourite cut from "X" and surely the best choice to spearhead an American campaign. However, I'm appalled by the decision to pollute the song with a completely unnecessary rap interlude courtesy of Mims. I guess Baby Bash was busy.

    The beauty of "All I See" is its ability to evoke memories of American pop before it succumbed to rent-a-rappers and soulless grooves. The rap doesn't destroy what is otherwise a perfect pop song but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. In my opinion, Kylie's distinctly un-American pop sound is her biggest asset for a US campaign. It makes her stand out from the crowd, while Americanized Kylie just sounds like any other ho on the radio. What's next? "Wow" featuring T-Pain for US audiences? If this is just a ploy to get Kylie some US airplay, then so be it. I take some heart from the fact that the digital release appears to be the fantastic album version of "All I See". Hopefully sanity will prevail and we'll get the original version for the inevitable international release!

    Oh, one last piece of Kylie news. According to my contacts, "In My Arms" will be the 3rd single in the UK and Australia - not "The One". I know some fans will be disappointed but I hope it's true. It would be a shame to waste "In My Arms" and they can always save "The One" for a later single. It just leaves the burning question - when is the hugely underrated "Stars" gonna get some loving?Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/02/all-i-see-is-red.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive