U-Turn (Burn Motherfucker Burn)

    Valentine's Day is a cruel and unusual punishment for those getting over a bad relationship. Since kicking my ex-boyfriend to the curb, I've bounced from one loser to the next. I'm sure there are some decent men left in Sydney but I'm damned if I can find them among the fetishists, drug dealers and "straight acting" bi-guys littering the scene. Excuse my rant but it's hard to get excited about a day that celebrates romance when you know you're going to end up a barren, old spinster like Kylie! I can deal with the loved up couples and the knowledge that the only cock I'll be getting my hands on tonight is my own but hearing sappy love songs on the radio all day is more than I can stand. Thankfully there is a perfect antidote to the schmaltzy ballads in the form of Samantha Malmgren's stunning "U Turn".

    "U Turn" was recommended to me by the lovely Poster Girl, who correctly assumed that Samantha's classy anthem would be right up my alley! As far as I'm concerned, the demure Ms Malmgren is the most fabulous diva to emerge from Sweden since my beloved Bionda. After crashing out of Swedish Idol, Sam followed the well worn road of many a tragic diva and got her kit off for a men's magazine (in her case, the charmingly titled "Slitz"). Samantha's raunchy image resulted in a record deal and she is currently shaking up the Swedish pop scene with her breathtaking debut single. "U Turn" is an attitude laden pop gem. I love the foulmouthed chorus ("burn, motherfucker, burn"!) and Sam's emotionless delivery. Apart from helping the bitter and disenchanted through Valentine's Day, "U Turn" also happens the best workout song I've heard in ages. That pumping dance beat makes me want to move! The video is particularly amusing - Sam discovers her boyfriend cheating on her so she takes up boxing, prances around in a leather bodysuit and heads to his house with a samurai sword. The big finale is ambiguous but I think she takes that cheating scumbag out!

    I have no idea if "U-Turn" was a hit - or has even been officially released in Sweden - but apparently Samantha is promoting the song at erotic festivals held by "Slitz" magazine! This fierce bitch had better hurry up and release an album. I'm hooked! Many thanks to Poster Girl for sharing this musical triumph with me.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/02/u-turn-burn-motherfucker-burn.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive