Jackpot: The Best Bette

    You're looking at the amazing cover of Bette Midler's soon to be released 'best of' album. Doesn't she just get more fabulous with each passing day? I worship the Divine Miss M, so I'll be adding this to my collection but I am slightly bewildered by the tracklist:

    In The Mood
    This Ole House
    Beast Of Burden
    Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
    The Rose
    When A Man Loves A Woman
    I've Still Got My Health
    Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most
    Hello In There
    The Glory Of Love
    Tenderly
    Wind Beneath My Wings
    Do You Want To Dance?
    Baby Mine
    From A Distance
    Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (Single Version)
    Friends
    Something Your Heart Has Been Telling Me (Previously Unreleased)
    Cool Yule


    Don't get me wrong, each song is an absolute gem (ok, maybe with the exception of "Cool Yule"!) - I just wish they included more hits and fewer album cuts from recent releases. The omission of classic anthems like "I Shall Be Released", "Shiver Me Timbers", "Hang On In There Baby", "In This Life", "My One True Friend", "Married Men", "I'm Beautiful", "My Mother's Eyes" and "To Deserve You" (to name just a few) is disappointing. On the bright side, it's nice that so many tracks from "Beaches" and "The Divine Miss M" were included. I'm particularly thrilled to see Bette's phenomenal cover of "Beast Of Burden", which is one of my all time favourite songs. Check out the amazing film clip below. It has to be one of the best video clips of the 80s - Bette's dance off with Mick Jagger has to be seen to be believed! There are no plans to release "Jackpot" in Australia as yet but you can pre-order the album from US Amazon. It's officially released in America on the 29th of April.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/04/jackpot-best-bette.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive