Kylie - In My Arms

    With the hugely anticipated release of Dannii's "Club Disco" next week (for details check out Dannii's Dirty Box!), it's easy to forget that Kylie's latest Australian single hit shelves yesterday. "In My Arms" hasn't generated a lot of interest in Australia, which is a shame because it's a cracking pop tune. Calvin Harris has created something fresh and original, yet quintessentially Kylie. I love the spoken bits - "How do you describe a feeling?" is already iconic among fans - and the hands in the air chorus is still divine more than a year after the song's initial leak. I put the lukewarm response down to the complete absence of promotion and the delay in announcing concert dates. What the hell is going on, Warner Australia?

    On a brighter note, the single tracklist and digital bundles are a lot of fun. There has been some whinging about the lack of B-sides but I find that a bit rich after the multitude we received with "Wow" and "2 Hearts". This time around, the focus is on remixes and, happily, they include some of the best Kylie has done in years. The tracklistings are as follows:

    The Physical Single
    1. In My Arms
    2. In My Arms (Death Metal Disco Scene Remix)
    3. In My Arms (Sebastien Leger Remix)
    4. Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Greg Kurstin Remix)

    iTunes Download Bundle 1
    1. In My Arms
    2. In My Arms (Death Metal Disco Scene Remix)
    3. In My Arms (Sebastien Leger Remix)
    4. Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Greg Kurstin Remix)

    iTunes Download Bundle 2
    1. In My Arms
    2. In My Arms (Chris Lake Vocal Mix)
    3. In My Arms (Sebastien leger Remix)
    4. In My Arms (Steve Pitron & Max Sanna Mix)
    5. In My Arms (Spitzer Remix)
    6. In My Arms (Death Metal Disco Scene Remix)

    I particularly recommend the fantastic Steve Pitron & Max Sanna Mix of "In My Arms" and Greg Kurstin's phenomenal electro reinvention of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". You can download the bundles from iTunes or order a physical copy from Chaos. I'm sure you've all seen the amazing "In My Arms" video but check out the fabulous 'making of' documentary below. I love Kylie's cake slicing skills - for a minute there you get an amusing glimpse of the suburban Melbourne housewife Kylie most likely would have become if she didn't get lucky, lucky, lucky. Bless.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/04/kylie-in-my-arms.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive