Kylie Rocks The USA!

    I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 300th post than writing a quick review of Kylie's first American performance in almost 5 years. Last night over 20 million viewers tuned in to watch Dancing With The Stars and were treated to a double dose of Kylie. Ms Minogue kicked off the show with "All I See" before returning to give "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" yet another spin. Despite some severe audio problems, I vastly preferred "All I See". The music was too quiet and someone clearly fucked up with the backing vocals (ie. you couldn't hear them at all - which is a problem when they constitute half the song!) but Kylie looked stunning in her red sequined gown and drag queens across America will be scurrying to get their hands on Kylie's glorious hooker wig! I loved the way she moved around the stage and interacted with the dancers. Kylie looked like she was having a great time and the audience were in a Minogue induced frenzy! Check out "All I See" below.

    Kylie returned at the end of the program to perform "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" and her vocals were pitch perfect. The same, however, can not be said for her fagtacular costume change:

    Dear Kylie, the cop from the Village People called and he wants his uniform back! It's not Min's finest fashion moment but her face looks amazing and I kind of love the fact that Kylie has the nerve to appear on US television wearing Dannii's lesbian pride outfit from 1997. Represent! If I'm honest, I could do without hearing "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" ever again but Kylie gets this rendition just right (below). It would have been nice to hear another song from "X" but I believe she was contractually obliged to dust off an old hit. I have no idea what American audiences made of our holy icon and I couldn't care less. The US will probably never fully appreciate the Kylie phenomenon and that's ok. I just can't wait for the Aussie Queen of pop to drag her trunk of trannytastic gowns back home and deliver another dose of Minogue magic! "X" was released in America yesterday - top 150 here we come!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/04/kylie-rocks-usa.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive