Cum Inside Erika's Kingdom

    Erika Heynatz has finally released her debut single! The former Australia's Next Top Model host and Farscape actress has been threatening to unleash an album since late 2006. I was played a couple of demos way back in 2008 but assumed EMI had scrapped the project when the stunning triple threat dropped off the radar. After listening to "Kingdom", it's pretty clear Erika spent that time overhauling her sound. The demos I heard were all uptempo numbers, while her debut is a gentle guitar driven pop song. As much as I would have loved another mutton-dressed-as-lamb dance diva to add to my stable of favourites, I really like "Kingdom". The lyrics are surprisingly sweet and the subtle production makes the track something of an oddity given the current trend for overproduced pop. Admittedly, Erika still sounds like she's been sucking on Kylie's helium balloon and the song could easily slot into any album Natalie Imbruglia has released since 1997 but it works. My only gripe is the hideous cover. Can EMI please make sure the diva still has a pulse before her next photoshoot? She looks like an extra from Six Feet Under. Thankfully, the video (below) is a much classier affair. In fact, I think "Kingdom" has higher production values than Erika's last movie! It's simple, suitably moody and vaguely reminds me of Kylie's lovely "Some Kind Of Bliss". Colour me impressed.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/02/cum-inside-erika-kingdom.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive