Happy Fucking Valentine's!

    To all of my dear readers in healthy, loving relationships - happy Valentine's Day. Now, fuck off because this post is dedicated to all the single ladies out there! I was originally going to make an anti-Valentine's Day playlist and spent hours listening to lesbian singer-songwriters moan about broken hearts and their impending spinsterhood but it all got a bit depressing. I thought I'd lighten the mood by blasting some Eurotrash and stumbled across a song so accurate in its depiction of modern day romance that I just had to post it. Elin Lanto's "Love Made Me Stupid" speaks the truth. Like for realz. It perfectly captures love's ability to chew you up and spit you out, while still keeping things light and fluffy thanks to its Hi-NRG production and catchy, if devastating, chorus. The Swedish diva has been on my radar since 2008's poptastic "Speak N Spell" and I'm yet to be disappointed. I'd love to get my hands on her debut album ("One") but that fucker is harder to find than Heidi Montag's dignity. Anyway, check out these lyrics:

    Love made me stupid
    Why does it do this?
    Before I met you everything was just fine
    And now I am falling apart
    It's killing my heart
    Again and again and again


    I think Elin and I have been dating the same guys! The film clip is an equally classy affair. How do these Swedish nobodies manage to throw together videos that put most American and English divas to shame? I love the part where she wears a fish bowl on her head and fondles the statue. Now that's what I call art!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-fucking-valentine.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive