X2008 And Remix Heaven

    Kylie's X2008 tour kicked off in Paris last night and if these pictures are anything to go by, this could be her most spectacular stage extravaganza yet! The costumes look magnificent, the setlist is positively breathtaking and from the accounts I've read thus far, the staging is nothing less than extraordinary. I'll be seeing the show on the 26th of July in London (I rather conveniently timed my holiday to coincide with Kylie's tour - yes, I am that tragic!) but I just couldn't resist taking a sneak peak. How fabulous does cheerleader Kylie look? What about Minogue Sr lounging on a giant metallic skull? Or the rather frightening but oh so fabulous Frankenkylie (below)? The prospect of seeing this camp spectacle with my own eyes is almost more than I can take! X2008 appears to be a two hour trip to Kylie heaven.

    I'm just as excited about the setlist. Kylie is performing every song on "X" apart from "Stars" (boo!) as well as three new songs, a cover of Barry Manilow's "Copacabana" (!) and a selection of her greatest hits. I really couldn't hope for more. I'll just have to remember to go for a piss when she drags out "SenSHITized"! Here's the setlist from Paris:

    Speakerphone
    Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Greg Kurstin Remix)/Boombox
    Ruffle My Feathers
    In Your Eyes
    Heart Beat Rock
    Wow
    Shocked
    Like A Drug
    Slow/Free
    The One
    2 Hearts
    On A Night Like This
    Kids
    Step Back In Time
    In My Arms
    Love at First Sight
    Sometime Samurai (Video Projection)
    Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Mix)
    Nu-di-ty
    Sensitized
    Flowers
    I Believe in You (Ballad Version)
    Cosmic
    Loveboat
    Copacabana
    That's Why They Write Love Songs
    Spinning Around
    No More Rain
    All I See (Acoustic Version)

    If that isn't enough Kylie goodness for one day, a recently leaked remix of "Heart Beat Rock" is doing the rounds and it's absolutely brilliant. The Benny Blanco mix takes a decent album track and transforms it into something utterly fabulous. I love everything about it - even MC Spank Rock's craptastic rap! That might sound a bit out of character given my hatred of "All I See" featuring Mims but this time around the track has been entirely deconstructed to the point where the rap becomes an integral part of the song instead of an embarrassing afterthought. I also think MC Spank Rock is my kind of rapper. Not only does he amusingly mispronounce Kylie's name throughout the entire song (Cali!) but he also busts a rhyme about getting hard and I'm sure this is the first and only time you'll hear lyrics about 'tha hood' in a Kylie tune! The remix itself is blissful. I particularly love the sirens! Perez Hilton is streaming the remix and likens it to Fergie, which is surely the single greatest compliment Kylie has ever received. Check it out, this is my second favourite "X" remix after the sublime extended version of "All I See".

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/05/x2008-and-remix-heaven.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive