A New Beginning & A Wilde Night Out!


    Welcome to the new and unimproved Pop Trash Addicts - direct from London! As you can tell not much has changed around here except my location. The tacky colour scheme remains the same and I'm still obsessed with the trashy underbelly of pop music. I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking around the UK but while I'm here and have internet access, I thought I might as well get back into blogging. As a wise woman (well, Dannii) once said, it's hard to break a habit! There's so much I want to write out - the Minogue duet, the drama of X Factor and the suitcase full of tragic CDs I've managed to acquire on my travels - but all that will have to wait. Today's post is dedicated to a pop trash icon who rocked my world to its very foundations on Friday night. I'm referring, of course, to the gorgeous and stunningly talented Kelly Wilde!


    It's been a dream of mine to see Kelly in the flesh since stumbling across her infamous rendition of Blondie's "Maria" at Gran Canaria Pride on youtube but even that breathtaking performance couldn't prepare me for the sheer fabulousness of this divine diva. With stage presence to rival Kylie and choreography that would put Madonna to shame, Kelly held the packed crowd at The 2 Brewers (affectionately known as The 2 Sewers) in the palm of her beautiful hand from the very first song - which just happened to be a Hi-NRG Amy Winehouse cover!


    After throwing her army of fans into a frenzy with "Valerie", Kelly delighted the audience further by talking about her Australian roots and making two hot guys kiss. By the second song I was so completely under the spell of this amazing goddess that I pushed my way to the front and began screaming hysterically. Even the unfortunate selection of Madonna's shiteous "Give It To Me" as the second track wasn't enough to dampen my enthusiasm. At one stage I got so close that Kelly put her hand in front of my camera and said "too close"! It's that kind of amusing audience interaction that sets Kelly apart from her peers. If she's not pairing up her fabulous gay fans, she's making quips about forgetting the lyrics to September's "Cry For You" (her next brilliant cover) and dragging people up on stage to dance with her.


    Just when I thought the evening couldn't possibly get any more camp, Kelly delivered a stunning cover of "Gloria" and a medley of ABBA hits before finishing off the show with her signature tune - Blondie's "Maria". Words can not adequately describe the brilliance of this fabulous diva's version. The throbbing beats combined with Kelly's soaring vocals and stage acrobatics was truly a wonder to behold. Despite the show coming to an end, the evening was to hold one more completely unexpected delight. On her way off stage Kelly extended her gorgeous hand towards me, which I promptly kissed! A magical climax to a memorable evening. Make sure you check out Kelly's website (click on "Diary") for her next gig - this is one diva you can't afford to miss!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-beginning-wilde-night-out.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive