So Lonely - The Video

    I'm so fucking excited! In late December I wrote a post about the making of Chris Sorbello's "So Lonely" video clip and after 3 long months, the damn thing has finally hit the net. At first I was almost too scared to watch it. I love Chris and really didn't want to test the boundaries of our friendship by trashing her video (if it wasn't any good). It's a huge relief to report that "So Lonely" is utterly fabulous. Which is a little surprising given the simple premise. Basically, Christina performs a series of robotic dance moves in increasingly quirky costumes in an abandoned warehouse with only a strobelight and smoke machine to keep her company. Not exactly "Telephone" then but director James Littlemore does a great job of capturing the song's subtlety and sparse beauty. I love the smoke effects - shadow puppets are so 2010! - and the crazy outfits. Particularly the hot disco tranny look at 1:15 minutes and the amazing knit dress at the end. Chris does a brilliant job with the choreography and holds everything together with her intensity and unique style. It's kind of surreal to see the finished product given that I spent most of the shoot chatting to the diva about September (don't ask) and stealing food from the caterers. Check out the video below and let me know what you think!

    See my behind the scenes pics from the video shoot here!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/03/so-lonely-video.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive