Something You Probably Won't Like

    I'm in love with a song. It's early days yet and we're still getting to know each other but as Donna Summer once said - this time I know it's for real. The thing is... I don't think you'll approve. You see, "Home" isn't typical Pop Trash fodder. I actually feel kind of dirty for hooking up with a tune that made JJJ's hot 100 countdown but the heart wants what the heart wants. If you've never heard of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, you're not alone. I happily ignored the band until I stumbled across "Home" and felt like I'd just been tea-bagged by Jesus. As it turns out, the group is a much hyped 11 piece from California fronted by a couple of shaggy hippies called Alex and Jade. They describe their music as psychedelic folk rock but I think "Home" sounds more like Sonny and Cher crosssed with The Mamas & The Papas. On really good acid. I love the whistles, tambourines and brass. I adore the sweet chorus. And I want to marry the person who wrote the lyrics. The romantic exchange (at 3:15 mins) about Jade falling out a window, almost "breaking her ass" chokes me up every time. Finally a new song to add to my wedding playlist! Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros are touring Australia at the end of the month. See you there.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/03/something-you-probably-won-like.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive