Belinda's Shot Of Dopamina

    As you may already know from my "honourable mentions" post, I'm currently putting the finishing touches to my extremely belated best singles of 2010 countdown. One song that features high on that list is Belinda's exquisite "Dopamina". I thought the Mexican diva's modern classic was released late last year but the video has just appeared on YouTube, so either I was hallucinating or it's getting a well deserved re-release. Either way I'm thrilled beautiful Belinda has pulled her finger out and filmed something to promote one of the best pop songs in recent memory. "Dopamina" was written by a pair of Swedes (Jörgen Ringqvist and Daniel Barkman) best known for crafting hits for Scandipop acts like Charlotte Perrelli, Magnus Carlsson and Pernilla Wahlgren. Which probably accounts for the song's atomic bomb of a chorus and decidely European sound. I love everything about this - from the quirky lyrics to the Eurovision ready production. And happily, the video does "Dopamina" justice. It's all a bit weird - Belinda rolls around on blue apples, sings into a skull and is stalked by a man with a crow's head - but I think that passes for normal in Mexico. She looks absolutely gorgeous and I love her crazy eyes! There isn't an average song - let alone a bad one - on the diva's stunning "Carpe Diem" album but this is its crowning glory and the perfect introduction to Mexico's princess of pop. Revel in the glory of "Dopamina" below.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/02/belinda-shot-of-dopamina.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive