Kylie Thrills Me Like She Did Before

    To be completely honest I was growing tired of the "Aphrodite" era. It started brilliantly with "All The Lovers" but "Get Outta My Way" was criminally mistimed, the past couple of videos have been utterly vile and don't even get me started on that shiteous album killer of a single "Better Than Today". But then I got online this morning and started watching clips of the Aphrodite World Tour - which kicked off in Denmark last night - and I'm back. The $25 million dollar stage is truly spectacular, Dolce & Gabbana have outdone themselves with the costumes and I wholeheartedly approve of the setlist. There's a nice mixture of new, old and very old songs, while still keeping the focus on her latest album.

    I'm slightly bitter that "Looking For An Angel" (AKA the Dannii B-side from "Aphrodite") made the cut, while Pascal Gabriel's glorious "Can't Beat The Feeling" was reduced to medley status but the surprise inclusion of my favourite Deconstruction era track "If You Don't Love Me" more than makes up for it. But the absolute highlight (from what I've seen online) has to be "Cupid Boy". I saw Kylie perform the song at GAY in London and it was a not so hot mess but she's finally nailed the vocal. The presentation is also perfection, from the Dangerous Liaisons-esque gown to the semi-naked men hanging from the rafters. Watch in awe below as the slightly more famous Minogue brings Luciana's pop gem to life.

    Oh and I'm told the tour will hit Australia in late July/early August. Just not sure if I can wait that long!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/02/kylie-thrills-me-like-she-did-before.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive