Copacabana - Amanda Lear Style!

    Sorry for the recent lack of updates but I've spent the week doped up at home after having an operation on Tuesday. I'm having internet withdrawals, so I thought I'd use the fifteen minutes before Bold & The Beautiful to write a quick post. Expect this to be a high quality read! I've been meaning to review a couple of albums but I think I'll leave that for a time when I've swallowed less pills than Liza Minnelli. Instead, I've drawn inspiration from two of my favourite Blogs. Poplicious and Disco Delivery both currently feature the divine Amanda Lear. This goddess is truly in a league of her own. Amanda's life story plays like an Almodovar film on crack. There are prostitution rumours, reputed sex changes, celebrity lovers and an engagement as Salvador Dali's muse. Read a fantastic summary of Amanda's amazing life here. I particularly love this excerpt about Amanda's run in with Claudia Schiffer:

    A Hollywood movie producer had optioned Lear's book My Life With Dali and wanted Schiffer to play Lear. "I ran into Claudia at a restaurant," Lear recalls. "She said, 'I love your book! Who wrote it for you?' I said, 'I did, darling. Who read it to you?' So that was the end of that. They never made the movie."

    Amanda's fabulous career has spanned 4 decades. I love Miss Lear's superb disco albums but I'm also rather partial to her recent forays into dance music. I'd like write something coherent about Amanda when I'm not high on painkillers, so I've decided to post Amanda's tragic 2005 cover of "Copacabana". Amanda obviously put no effort into recording it, so I'm hoping no one will mind if I put minimal effort into reviewing it! "Copacabana" originally appeared on Amanda's 2005 best of "Forever Glam" and it's representative of the fabulously camp crap that she has been releasing lately - spoken vocals, hilarious production and interludes in French. You'll either love it or hate it. I fall squarely into the former category.

    You can purchase "Forever Glam" from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany. Make sure to check out Amanda's website. I'm off now to see if Stephanie takes away Brooke's children!Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/copacabana-amanda-lear-style.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive