Twiggy's Disco Album

    Until the recent unearthing of Twiggy's 1979 disco album, I was completely unaware that the emaciated 60s icon ever had a recording career. I ordered a copy of "Heaven In My Eyes" out of pure curiosity and I'm glad I did. According to the fascinating CD booklet, Twiggy enlisted the help of her close friend, Donna Summer, to co-produce the album with Juergen Koppers. Donna's influence can be heard on discotastic tracks like "Angels Never Sleep At Night" and "You've Been Lying", while Twiggy invokes a softer sound for the Wizard Of Oz inspired ballad, "Dorothy", and even goes a little bit country for the surprisingly lovely "Carries On".

    However, it is the sleazy disco stormer "Heaven In My Eyes" that really gets me going. Twiggy shouts her way through the saucy lyrics against a throbbing bassline to great effect. I can almost see the shiny disco balls and smell the amyl. Given Twiggy's high profile and Donna's involvement, it's very surprising that the album was shelved until 2007! Twiggy's vocal ability is dubious at best but disco aficionados and trash lovers will find much to enjoy. The CD includes 4 bonus remixes and can be ordered here.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/twiggy-disco-album.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive