Grease Remixed

    I stumbled home early this morning and faced the usual post-party dilemma of not being able to sleep. I cleaned the bathroom, did some ironing and then settled down to watch Grease for probably the 5000th time. Some people have comfort food, I have 1978's highest grossing movie musical! I still remember being completely transfixed the first time I watched Grease on TV. In a disturbing sign of things to come, I identified with Rizzo and thought Sandy was a bit of a bore until that magical movie moment when Olivia unleashes her inner slut and pussy whips Danny with her tight, black spandex pants and dashing new perm. No matter how many times I see the film, I never get sick of that moment or the magnificent song that accompanies it. "You're The One That I Want" was written by Olivia's long-time collaborator John Farrar and became a world wide smash hit, reaching #1 in the US and spending 9 weeks at the top of the UK charts. The song has been covered numerous times but I'm not really interested in hearing the song performed by other voices. I'm much less averse to tragic remixes of the original and "You're The One That I Want" has been butchered by some of the trashiest DJs in the business. The masterminds behind Almighty need no introduction and their interpretation is as fabulous as you would expect. However, the prize for the best remix belongs to Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg Vs Grease! I'm not sure which demented mind created this unholy mix but they are clearly some kind of evil genius. Enjoy!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/grease-remixed.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive