Fuck Off, Lily Allen!

    You do not understand how much it pains me to write something complementary about Lily Allen. I'd rather listen to Delta Goodrem's entire back catalogue on repeat than say anything nice about this dirty slag! The bitterness and rage that Katy Perry inspires in some gays pretty much describes how I feel about Lily. I hate her music, I hate her disingenuity and I particularly hate those saggy, cow udder breasts she flashes at every available opportunity. She just strikes me as the ultimate 'right place, right time' phenomenon. If Lily didn't have a famous father, I'm sure she'd still be dealing ecstasy in Ibiza right now (which doesn't strike me as such a bad fate, when I think about it) but then we'd never get the surprisingly fantastic "22".

    Occasionally you hear a song and think that person gets me. Well, when I first heard "22" I thought Lily Allen had broken into my room and riffled through my diary. In fact, I wouldn't put it past that thieving bitch but there are no lyrics about La Toya - so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. It's not the first time I've felt like this. Shelley Harland's entire album evokes a similar response from me but sharing thoughts and emotions with Lily Allen? Am I that common? The answer, it seems, is yes. If you changed the gender and played around with the ages a bit this song could have been written about me. "22" perfectly sums up the emotional whirlwind of your late 20s, of feeling like you're not on track and thinking you really should have more to show for your (almost) three decades on planet earth. Oh and there's a catchy beat, whimsical production and a rather cool video (below). I'll put the first two down to Greg Kurstin and the third down to good luck.

    Lily, you may have thwarted my hateration for the moment but I'll be back!

    When she was 22 the future looked bright
    But she's nearly 30 now and she's out every night
    I see that look in her face she's got that look in her eye
    She's thinking how did I get here and wondering why

    It's sad but it's true how society says
    Her life is already over
    There's nothing to do and there's nothing to say
    Til the man of her dreams comes along picks her up and puts her over his shoulder
    It seems so unlikely in this day and age

    She's got an alright job but it's not a career
    Whenever she thinks about it, it brings her to tears
    Cause all she wants is a boyfriend
    She gets one-night stands

    She's thinking how did I get here
    I'm doing all that I can



    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/08/fuck-off-lily-allen.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive