Orianthi - According To You

    "According To You" has been unavoidable on Australian radio for the past month and is currently sitting pretty in the national top 20. My copy of the single finally arrived today, which inspired me to write about Orianthi's amazing ode to bad boyfriends. Chalk this up as another fine example of a local act - see Vanessa Amorosi - jumping on board Katy Perry's pop-rock bandwagon with great success. That might be a little unfair given the diva's rock chick credentials (she was Michael Jackson's lead guitarist on the ill fated "This Is It" tour, jammed with Santana as a teenager and has a guitar solo on Adam Lambert's forthcoming album) but there's no denying that Orianthi has undergone a radical overhaul since 2005's "Violet Journey". Not that it matters. The move towards a more commercial sound was long overdue and "According To You" proves that she definitely has what it takes to mix it with Katy, Avril and Pink. For me, this song is all about the lyrics. I think everyone has felt the same anger and confusion at one time or another. Most of all, I love how Orianthi sums up the universal truth that one man's trash is another man's treasure - a thought I find strangely comforting, particularly when it's expressed via the year's catchiest chorus. And don't even get me started on the ridiculously fabulous guitar solo. It's like Lita Ford never left us! I definitely recommend tracking down the physical single because the B-side ("Find It") is great and doesn't appear on Orianthi's excellent album. While you wait for your copy to arrive, check out the video. I'm not sure about the epilepsy inducing camera work but I seriously want to steal her sequined guitar!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/11/orianthi-according-to-you.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive