Stargate Poison Beyoncé

    I've spent most of the week obsessing over Beyoncé's amazing "I Am... Yours: An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas" CD/DVD set and will eventually get around to writing a proper review but in the meantime I can't resist mentioning one of the (not so) new tracks on the 97th re-release of "Sasha Fierce". And I'm not referring to the much hyped Lady GaGa remix of "Videophone" - even though that trash has grown on me to a ridiculous extent. I'm actually way more excited about having a proper studio version of "Poison". The Stargate produced track has been doing the rounds for a while now but I'm still crazy about it. Taking the piss out of Stargate's unprecedented ability to recycle beats is one of my favourite hobbies but this is exactly the kind of bouncy, synth drenched mid-tempo pop jam that made them so hot in the first place. Think Jennifer Hudson's "Spotlight" crossed with Whitney's "A Song For You" and you get the idea. I crave Beyoncé's pure pop detours and this is one of her best. However, as much as I love the song, I kind of understand why it was left off the album. It's too upbeat for the ballad disc and a little too cute and breezy for Ms Fierce. Anyway, strike this up as the equal best bonus track of the "I Am" era alongside the stunning "Why Don't You Love Me".

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/11/stargate-poison-beyonce.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive