Whatever Happened To Natalie Miller?

    As far as I'm concerned Young Talent Time is the greatest show in the history of Australian television. Running for 17 years between 1971 and 1988, YTT helped launch the careers of several international superstars and became an integral part of many people's childhood including my own. I've written about the show's biggest stars (the legendary Tina Arena and the Queen of Clubs herself, Dannii Minogue) many times but I've never mentioned my other favourite castmate - the fabulous Natalie Miller. Anyway, I was rummaging through a box of my old CDs recently and was excited to find a copy of the underrated diva's one and only single. Released in 2000, "Gonna Miss Your Love" got some radio play and Natalie performed the song on a couple of TV shows but it didn't exactly set the charts on fire. I blame Max22.

    Natalie's voice sounds great and the chorus is addictive but it's hard to shine when you've been teamed with the worst rapper in Australian history (and that's saying something). It's a shame because the song blends Latin and dance elements rather amusingly and Nat looks sexy in her white leather. No comment about that bird's nest on her head though! Despite the fact that Natalie never released another single (to my knowledge), she still maintained a reasonably high profile as a backing vocalist. For many years she was a staple of the live music scene and regularly performed as part of Kylie's band whenever she toured Australia. However, Natalie seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I really hope she's still out there plugging away, bringing her unique glamour to pubs and clubs across the country. If anyone knows any information about this 80s icon, please let me know. In the meantime, check out the video for her lost Australian pop "classic":

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2009/11/whatever-happened-to-natalie-miller.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive