Shontelle Actually Has A Hit...

    No, seriously! This week "Impossible" climbs all the way to #17 on the US charts - becoming the Barbadian diva's first biggest hit. I'm so happy for her. Shontelle instantly became a guilty pleasure when I learned that she was calling her debut album "Shontelligence" (yes, I'm that easy!) and moved into fan territory when Rihanna stans cruelly dubbed her the beast of Barbados. Girlfriend can't help looking like a man! Anyway, they are probably just jealous of Shontelle's stunning $ucce$$ now that she's officially an international megastar. I just never thought "Impossible" would be the song to break her. In fact, I'll even admit to initially hating it but I can now see the error of my ways. The power ballad is an absolute grower that becomes more addictive with each listen. The arrangement is very 90s and there's no denying that my girl can sing RiRi under the table! Although that's not really saying very much...

    As much as I like "Impossible" and hope it continues to rocket up the charts - I vastly prefer the follow up/international lead single. "Licky" was unveiled way back in January but is still listed as the second single from Shontelle's forthcoming sophomore album. Apparently, it will also serve as the international single and has just been remixed by a bunch of America's hottest DJs. Regardless of its status, "Licky" is one of the hottest songs of 2010. I love the dirty lyrics and that chorus is catchier than cholera. One listen and you'll be humming along to "L-I-licky-C-K-licky-Y". Can Universal please release this in Australia so I can get some relief from "Rated R"? I guarantee that it will be huge. On my blog. Maybe just ignore the video (below). It's probably what started the rumours about Shontelle having man parts. The Gaga gone wrong hooded dress and fringed boots combination is all kinds of nasty and that feathered jacket isn't much better. Anyway, I'm sure we can all agree that Rihanna is now officially redundant. And that's got to be a cause for celebration!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/06/shontelle-actually-has-hit.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive