James Leon - Caught Up In Your Vanity

    How often do two of your friends release fabulous electro-pop singles on the same day? This is surreal! Hot on the heels of Peter Wilson's Italo-tastic "Intoxicated" comes James Leon's triumphant second single "Caught Up In Your Vanity". The Englishman's stunning debut caused quite the stir online last year and, from memory, appeared on my very first Pop Panel. As much as I love "Purple Heart", his latest electronic adventure is in a completely different league. "Caught Up In Your Vanity" has a raw honesty and vulnerability that you're simply not used to hearing in catchy pop records. The personal lyrics strike a chord with me - "I pushed the button for self destruct, I guess we make our own luck" - and I love the restrained production. Fans of the Pet Shop Boys (or their tribute act Hurts) should lap this up like Neil Tennant's semen. James is a real talent and I think it's only a matter of time before a major label realises his huge potential. If you're still not convinced, check out "Bad Guy" - one of the best unreleased pop songs ever! "Caught Up In Your Vanity" is available to download from iTunes, Amazon and 7Digital now. Get downloading!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/11/james-leon-caught-up-in-your-vanity.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive