Poker Face - Country Style

    Why didn't anyone tell me about this? A German country singer releasing a boot scootin' cover of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" is my idea of pop trash heaven! When I first heard this stunning rendition, I hoped assumed it was a piss take but Meg is very much for real. The German Taylor Swift - but better - is signed to Sony and scored a massive #78 smash at home with her Gaga cover. Finally a nation that recognises real talent! The biggest surprise is how well "Poker Face" works as a country song. Meg's thin voice and unfortunate accent don't help her cause but someone with talent could have nailed this. Which underlines how brilliant Lady Gaga's signature tune really is. From disco to barnyard, "Poker Face" gets gays on their feet! If you're as enamoured with Meg as I am, you'll be happy to know that the diva's entire album is comprised of covers. Words can describe her version of "Maneater". Nelly Furtado just retired from shame! Anyway, brace yourself for Germany's latest gift to popular culture. Meg's crazy eyes in the video (below) kill me. I need to own this!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/11/poker-face-country-style.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive