Luciana's US #1!

    I'm so excited! My favourite dance diva and occasional drinking partner is currently celebrating her second consecutive #1 club hit in the US. Luciana topped the chart a few weeks ago under her alias Isha Coco but she finally gets to see her own name in the pole position as "I Like That" crushes the competition. Seriously, this feels like a dream. I still remember when Stephen (the fabulously talented brother of Luci's equally gifted stylist) sent me an email saying he had just helped film a video for a singer called Luciana. As a long suffering fan from the 90s, I almost exploded and believe I was the first person to post it on a blog. Since then "I Like That" has become a double platinum #3 smash in Australia and a top 40 pop airplay hit in the States. Hell, Dannii even danced to it in an advertisement and Kylie recently tweeted her approval. $ucce$$! To celebrate Luciana's latest stunning achievement, Interscope has just released another digital bundle of remixes (above). I love the new cover and the new mixes but I wish there was a physical copy to add to my collection. So what's next for the undisputed Queen of Clubs? Luci told me that "I'm Still Hot" is likely to be the next US single, while a track called "Top Of The World" is slated for Australia. I haven't heard the latter but "I'm Still Hot" sounds amazing. The lyrics - which include the already iconic line "I don't need your drama, I am Luciana!" - are brilliant and I love the hot beat. Check out a live performance below. Babe, you've done it again!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2010/11/luciana-us-1.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive