How did I miss this?

    Let's it risk it all tonight,
    So what if we crash and burn?


    About a month ago I saw the cover of "Crash and Burn" on a blog and downloaded it on a whim. I reasoned that any bitch hanging from a bridge wearing fringed jeans and fluffy shoulder pads had to be worth a listen and I was right! Scarlette Fever's debut single is an absolute gem. It reminds me a little of Celine's legendary "Taking Chances" with its seize the day theme and sing-a-long chorus. The now or never lyrics resonate with me and I love her voice. But as much as I like the song in its original form, the Jason Nevins remix takes "Crash and Burn" to the next level of fabulous. Dannii's one time collaborator has turned Scarlette's track into a proper anthem with a suitably bittersweet build-up that explodes during the chorus. Hell, it even has crackling fire sound-effects at the end! Unfortunately, even that classy touch wasn't enough to make the song a hit. Which is completely depressing. On the bright side, Ms Fever has bounced back with a new tune called Black & White, which also sounds like a bit of a belter. While we wait for that to be released, check out "Crash and Burn". It's already one of my favourite songs of 2011!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-did-i-miss-this.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive