Ilia Darlin - Greek Goddess

    I have to admit I feared for the safety of my eyes and ears when Ilia Darlin was described to me as the Greek Gaga but like Tanya, the self-proclaimed Russian Gaga, this stunning diva is so much better than that 47 year old American tranny. Where to begin with Ilia? She has been hailed the next big thing in Greece (Anna Vissi, your time is up!) and is considered a veritable style icon across the Mediterranean. Which isn't surprising given her penchant for beaded bodices and neon string bikinis! After conquering her homeland, Ilia has her sights set on the UK and plans to unleash her debut single upon unsuspecting pop fans in April.

    I guess you could describe "Car Crash" as a break up song. For serial killers. Most of us stop at deleting our bad boyfriends from Facebook but Ilia takes a slightly different view, declaring "you cheat on me but can't cheat death, I'll burn you like a cigarette" before singing about disposing her lover's body in a lake. Don't mess with this bitch! It's easy to dismiss the track as a gimmick but "Car Crash" is a great pop song. Ilia's bored delivery is absolutely intoxicating and I can't get enough of that demented chorus. With different lyrics and less twisted production the song would stand a better chance at radio but I love that Ilia has taken a risk.

    If you need further proof that this isn't your average diva, check out the amazing video (below). She camps it up chopping meat in a Butcher's shop, dances in a barely there leotard and scowls like she's just chugged a schooner of lemon juice. I'm in love!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/03/ilia-darlin-greek-goddess.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive