Selena Gomez > Your Faves

    I'm buzzing! Legendary pop icon Belinda Carlisle just tweeted about my blog, so I thought I should update this fucker. Don't worry, I will comment on music's hottest new talent (ie. Rebecca Black) in a second but I have to give a quick shout out to my favourite Disney diva. Selena Gomez can do no wrong in my eyes. "A Year Without Rain" was one of my favourite albums of 2010 and I can't wait to hear what she churns out next. The first taste of her new offering arrived last week and, to be completely honest, it took a few listens to get into. "Who Says" is an undeniably cute feel good anthem that sounds like something Hilary Duff released in 2003 - a massive compliment, by the way - but in the wake of recent calls for self-acceptance like "We R Who We R" and "Firework", Selena's entry into the growing genre initially sounded a little... shit. I blame the tacky lyrics, which could have been lifted from a Dolly article about teens with low self-esteem. My favourite is the Grammy worthy couplet: "Who says you're not star potential? Who says you're not presidential?" Bitch, please! But then something strange happened. I woke up humming this trash and realised that Selena's magic works in mysterious ways. The song might not be the edgiest thing you'll hear all year but occasionally something sweet natured and insidiously catchy is enough. And you just know they'll gay it up with the obligatory club mixes, so I'm sorted. The video has rudely been blocked by Vevo, so take a listen (below). I wonder if they will release a Spanish version - "Un Año Sin Lluvia" is her defining moment!

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/03/selena-gomez-your-faves.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive