Ke$ha's Forgotten Gem

    Tomorrow night I will bask in Ke$ha's heavenly, glitter stained glow for the second time in a year. The first show blew my mind and that was just a five song gig for two hundred desperate fans at Fox Studios. A full blown blast of K Dollar is likely to push me over the edge, so I've been steeling myself for the experience by playing "Animal" and "Cannibal" non-stop for the past couple of weeks. There isn't a bad song on either album but I keep coming back to a handful of tunes. The title track of Ke$ha's debut should have been a single, "Grow A Pear" is modern poetry at its finest, "Kiss N Tell" still rocks my world and all of us can identify with the universal message of "Backstabber". However, my favourite track from the cutting edge safe sex advocate remains "Stephen".

    It wouldn't have worked as a single but I love that Ke$ha lets her crazy out and displays some vulnerability - not to mention a stalker streak the size of Kanye West's ego. This is an incredibly demented tune but it works largely due to the diva's inimitable charm and hook filled production. The lyrics are so cute! I'd let her knit me a sweater anytime. Anyway, while wasting time online diligently working, I discovered Ke$ha had even filmed a video for the song. And it's the best thing she's ever done. "Stephen" must have cost $10 to make but it's a lough out loud funny, creative tour de force. Think "Misery" meets "Lars And The Real Girl" for some idea of what to expect! I think was played during her last concert tour but if it passed you by, you're in for a genuine treat. Bow down to the most unique superstar pop has ever seen.

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/03/keha-forgotten-gem.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive