Ashanti to tour Australia

    This is not a late April Fool's Day joke. Ashanti, who I believe once scored a hit somewhere in the early noughties, is rumoured to be touring Australia soon. In all fairness, Nelly's girlfriend was a pretty big name (about 10 years ago) and has some good songs. "Foolish" is a classic and I still love her Ja Rule collaboration "Always On Time" but this has to be the most random flop to tour Australia since Blu Cantrell. The strangest thing is - I'm dying to go! I secretly think it's hilarious she's conned her way on to the bill and there's no doubt in my mind that her #96 smash "The Way That I Love You" will bring the house down. I'm particularly interested to see if the 30-year-old performs any new material. Hasn't she been threatening to release a new album since "The Declaration" went three times plastic in 2008? Only time will tell. But to get you into the mood for the return of a true R&B legend, here is her last Australian hit "Body On Me".

    Source URL: http://popmusicrecords.blogspot.com/2011/06/ashanti-to-tour-australia.html
    Visit pop music records for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive